Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goth Challenge #1



Goth Challenge question 1

Five pieces that every goth wardrobe should have, regardless of style
1. Corsets, of course.  Every goth, and every female in my opinion, should own a corset or 2, or 3 or 12.  They are the perfect accessory.  They are ultra feminine, which isn’t too horrible.  They do amazing things.  I am a big girl so they are imperative to defining (or rather finding) a waist.  But they are definitely flattering for even the less zaftig of creatures. 
My personal preference are underbust corsets. 



      
         

2.  Boots.  Boots of all heights are necessary.  I think no expense should be spared on a decent pair of gothy boots.  I love high lace up boots.  But I do own quite a few high heeled, zippered boots, though.  My favorite ones are the wedge corset lace back boots I bought for last year’s NY EndlessNight Ball.  Knee high combat boots are a musthave.  Anything from Demonia is to die for.
 













3.  Tights are a staple.  They can be worn under dresses, skirts, shorts, ripped pants, etc.  A pair of tights can be a shirt, double duty.  Well, an undershirt, please.  I have never been able to just wear fishnet, regardless of my girth.  The cutest ones are the ones with the seam on the back of the legs.  Love those! Colored fishnets are fun to layer.  Stripey tights are adorable!  I have always loved them.  There are tons of styles out now.  Or you can go oldschool and just rip some up.  I used to wear 2 or 3 torn stockings. 


   

4.  Long black skirt, any fabric.  I used to have a long velvet skirt that I loved.  I have no idea what became of it.  I now have a tiered one that I wear occasionally. 


    

5.  Little black asymmetrical dress.  Must have!!!  There are tons out lately.  I love them all.  They were the gateway to Lolita for me but I never went all the way.  They are gorgeous and fun and you can wear them all night without any issues, compared to a ball gown.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment