Tuesday, February 5, 2013


My Wen order finally arrived!  I was just thinking about it last night.  I have this master plan for a mini makeover.  I finally have the opportunity to make a few changes that I have wanted to make for years and years. 

I want to put a color streak back in my hair and finally get my lip pierced.  I have been working professional type jobs forever so I have not been able to do anything fun with my appearance.  But now I am primarily 3rd shift until the unforeseeable future.  I never have to see anyone except the tech I am relieving and the tech who relieves me.  And maybe a cleaning person here and there.  The point is, I no longer have to keep up a purely corporate image.  I’m not going to go crazy and get a neck tattoo and dye my hair blue or anything too outlandish. 

I plan on getting a tiny stud to wear while my lip piercing heals.  After it heals, I’ll switch it out for a hoop during the day and change it to a clear retainer for work.  I plan on getting Abreva Conceal adhesives too which I will wear until the 2nd shift is gone and then put it back on when 1st shift arrives. 

I want to put in a small dark blue streak on left side of my hair and dye the rest black.  At the moment, I have let my hair grow out and I haven’t dyed it in months.  I hate it.  With a passion.  This Wen stuff is supposed to be awesome for color treated hair.  I would commit to Wen if it doesn’t fade my dye job as fast as regular shampoo does.

I couldn’t wait to try it out so I used it tonight.  My kit came with all kinds of extra stuff.  I got the Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner , SIXTHIRTEEN Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Treatment in Sweet Almond Mint, AntiFrizz Styling Crème in Vanilla Mint, Volumizing Root Lift in Sweet Almond Mint and Replenishing Treatment Mist in Sweet Almond Mint. 

It took me forever and a half to figure out how the pump worked.  I felt like an idiot.  I finally googled it and found out I wasn’t alone.  A lot of people had issues trying to get it to work the first time.  It’s packaged in a way so the pump doesn’t get damaged in transit.  You have to push down and turn it to get it to pop up.  Never would have guessed.  Well, after that, I followed the instructions and worked it through my hair, left it on for a few minutes and rinsed.  Then I put in the some more and added the SIXTHIRTEEN Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Treatment.  That stuff had mint in it and made my scalp all tingly.  It was amazing. 

I’ve been a Dove girl (occasionally Pantene if it was on sale) forever.  I have very straight, very fine, limp dull hair.  It does nothing.  It’s just there.  It won’t hold a curl for the life of me.  I can braid it after a shower and let it air dry to get it to hold a wave but it’ll be frizzy and dry also.  I liked Dove because the conditioners were very light.  My thin, oily hair doesn’t do a thing if it’s weighed down.  So I was pretty nervous about Wen.

Wen is thick and luxurious.  There is no lather at all.  It looks like conditioner.  I was sure it would just sit on my hair and weigh it down like so many cleansers before it.  But no.  I have let it air dry.  All I did was slap on some of the antifrizz crème to the ends of my hair and left for work.  It has dried and I cannot stop touching it.  It is soft, and light and there is body.  This is THE first time I have used it.  It’s supposed to take 3 weeks for the full effect.  I am so excited!  I love it!  I absolutely love it.  It is worth the money, for sure.  I believe I will use Wen and only Wen on my hair if it does this. 

Before, I would hear a crackling sound if I grabbed my hair.  It was so dry all of the time.  It would be oily on top after a day and brittle and dry at the ends.  I gave up on it ever looking like anything you see on TV.  I always wished I had thick hair.  Now, it is soft and bouncy and there is NO frizz at all.  I think I can start to love my hair.

 

I cannot wait to try the volumizing root lift.  I didn’t do it tonight because you have to have dry hair to use it.  I left home with it still wet.  Mmm….  I don’t even want to twist it up like I always wear it.  It’s down and absolutely lovely.  You can check it out for yourself here.  The basic kit is well worth the money.  Shipping was free when I ordered.  I have no regrets whatsoever. 

1 comment: