Friday, February 8, 2013

Darkstalker Girl's Goth Challenge

I have been going through a horrible identity crisis for years now. I used to be an adorable little gothy girl. But then I moved to the Midwest and had children and started working corporate jobs. I do not feel like me. I do not feel right in my skin. I feel like I am playing a role. I am not comfortable on a daily basis. I feel like everyone is staring at me. I come from a huge city and now live in a tiny craphole. I absolutely hate it. I feel like every move I make is documented and shared at a wildfire pace. So I do nothing. I say nothing. I am nothing.

Midwest close minded mentality + children + professional image = ???? 

Not me. Not who I really am, but who I have to be to function out here. Quite frankly, I am sick of it. I am really not sure what has brought on this change. I think it has a lot to do with moving to 3rd shift. I am alone all night. I am unsupervised. I am not visible. It could also have something to do with going back home to NYC for the first time in 11 years the past 2 years. I have reconnected to my roots; my true friends back home. They made me realize that I am more than this. I am more than just a mom.

 I'm over it. I'm making small changes. I began my sleeves. I have the first piece started on my left forearm. It's Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I plan on having the card soldiers swirling around the other side.

As I mentioned before,  I am dyeing my hair again and FINALLY getting my lip pierced.  I think I will do that next weekend.  I am excited and I have so many more ideas.  I used to have more ear piercings and my tongue was pierced.  I have tried to put the barbell back in but I think it's healed :(

Looky what I found! I have been seeing a lot of these and quite a few blogs have pointed back to DarkStalker Girl (love her! She's adorable). It's the Goth Challenge! I am going to give this a shot.   I found a 30 day challenge too that I tacked on to this one. 


1. 5 pieces that every Goth wardrobe should have, regardless of style
2 5 movies for Goths
3 What my own Goth lifestyle is like
4. Favorite thing to put on my head
5. My wardrobe turnover
6. My favorite Goth brand
7. Why I wear Goth fashion?
8. Why don't I wear Goth all the time?
9. 5 keywords that describe my personal Goth style
10. How I first found out about Goth fashion
11. 3 trends I wish would come back
12. Combining other fashions with Goth
13. Goths I have met in real life
14. Goths I would love to meet
15. 3 things I wish I was told when I was a Baby Bat
16. 10 facts about my Goth wardrobe
17. My first concert/festival
18. Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
19. Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
20. How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
21. Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Goth outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
22. How I accessorize
23. What influences my Goth style
24. What's in my makeup bag
25. Best places to wear Goth fashions
26. How I get out of a wardrobe slump
27. Purses that I love
28. Corsets or no?
29. Goth-ing things in my everyday life
30. How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
31. Impulse buys that were totally worth it
32. My best deal
33. Something that I made
34. Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
35. What I thought when I got my first real Goth fashion item
36. Nails to match my favorite looks
37. Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
38. Favorite hair style
39. Most versatile Goth item I own
40. 5 inspirational fictional characters
41. Fondest concert/festival
42. The ways in which I fit the cliche
43. The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
44. How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
45. Something that was a gift
46. Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
47. The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
48. My "signature" outfit
49. My favorite Goth book and movie
50. What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
51. Predict the next Goth trend!
52. How Goth has changed me
53. How did you come across the subculture?
54. Share photos and experiences from your Baby Bat days
55. When did you come out the Goth closet (or if you haven’t, simply discuss the topic)
56. Name a stereotype or cliché you can relate to
57. Is there a local Goth band or group in your area?
58. Hand write your favorite lyric and take a picture
59. Ten of your favorite goth bands
60. What’s your worst and best experience with non-Goths?
61. What genre of music do you dislike?
62. What do you hate and love about the subculture?
63. Is Goth a lifestyle for you?
64. What’s your gothic inspiration?
65. What was your first band t-shirt?
66. What was your best and worst DIY disaster?
67. Your favorite or most expensive item in your wardrobe
68. What’s the most casual you’ve ever dressed?
69. Your favorite Goth brand
70. Worst hair experience
71. Share beauty advise and take a photo of your makeup
72. If you could dye your hair any color what would it be?
73. What body mod do you have or have considered?
74. If you could attend any Goth event what would it be?
75. Your favorite artist or photographer
76. Name the best website for Goths
77. Did you ever consider leaving the subculture?
78. Show a photo for every year that you’ve been into Goth
79. The worst thing you ever did to a newbie
80. Do you consider yourself an eldergoth?
81. What do you think will happen to Goth in the future?
82. Make a list of blogs you regularly read and link to them


No comments:

Post a Comment